How do you like your coffee?

Would you like to go out for coffee? Let’s have a coffee! Coffee break, morning coffee, …
Coffee is everywhere, coffee is life.

On every corner, wherever you go, you find new coffee shops… it’s like everybody wants to be a barista. When you meet friends you speak about going for coffee ( or wine with mine friends).
In this article I will certainly not write about whether coffee is healthy or not (large amounts of coffee certainly do affect our health or intestinal system).
I will write about me and coffee.
And yes Im writing this article while my fancy cup of coffee stands next to me, already third today..
"Humanity runs on coffee"
I can honestly admit that it's my addiction ... and probably the only one of this kind .. I even tried to fight it a few months ago, I would said (un)successfully.  
Why? Because I noticed that it affects my intestines and I decided to give them a break from coffee.

The rehab lasted almost for two months, but for such a coffee-addict like me, it's really a lot.
The first week was the worst, I didn't know what to drink instead of drinking coffee? What should I drink when I came at work and started the with the to do list? I had to replace coffee with something hot, so it fell on the tea .. yes I endured these two months but with tea it was definitely not the same ..  you are a coffee person or a tea person. Im the first one. Tea is more an evening routine, to have when it's cold or dark outside, to calm down and relax.
And what after a meal? Most of the time I replace the need for a dessert by coffee. But what to do if you decided not to drink coffee and make yourself a coffee detox? Eat the cookie?
Morning, morning was the worst.. after a month of drinking water with lemon I really desired the taste of coffee.

After the first two weeks without coffee, I allowed myself one cappuccino during the weekend. Oh how I enjoyed it. But it had to be really well made cappuccino, not like they serve in some bars .. coffee with whipped milk pretending it’s cappuccino. Despite so many new coffee shops in town, it's really hard to find a place where they have real cappuccino
Luckily, I have a few permanent spots in town where coffee doesn't disappoint 😉


However my never ending love for coffee, I try not to exceed three cups of coffee a day. 

So as you see the detox was only temporary, life without coffee is worthless... (takes a sip of her coffee).

Comments