Hello 30!

Turning 30 was different than I expected.

While in my twenties, I thought the morning of my 30th birthday I would be crying in bed, having a huge depression and refusing to admit that this is actually happening.

But to my surprise... it was a fantastic day! It was actually several consecutive days on which my birthday was celebrated so I had enough time for reflections. I didn’t even think about crying and despair (there were only tears of happiness while unpacking the presents). Instead I was happy and grateful for my twenties. I didn't expect them to go by so fast but I am thankful for where I am. I look back at my 20-year-old self and laugh.

It’s been a memorable decade, a lot of smiles, a lot of tears. 
A ten-year quest to find love, fulfillment and to accomplish so much. The hardships I've gone through have taught me lessons that have made me who I am today. Those conquered obstacles make me swell with pride. I've learned that life is a long act of lessons to master and that nothing is permanent.


Twenties taught me so much about myself, my relationships, people and where I want to be in life. About the struggles and dealing with disappointments. It taught me courage in making choices, perseverance in achieving goals and impertinence in the pursuit of my own happiness.
It taught me to choose the battles I want to lose. After all, life isn’t measured by how many times you stood up to fight. It’s not winning battles that makes you happy, but it’s how many times you turned away and chose to look into a better direction. Fight only the most, most, most important ones, let the rest go
.
How to have the career I desired by firstly getting to know myself. How to fall in love.
My twenties taught me core values and beliefs. It taught me how to adult. 

This past decade had been generous. Thank you. Twenties, you were legendary. You were transformative. But now, I look to my next decade with excitement. I know it will be epic, fabulous and will bring so much more of everything. Turning 30 is just the beginning. True to the Aaliyah song, age ain’t nothin’ but a number. You can choose to be stressed and anxious about a certain age, or you can choose to be grateful and open to another year of life on this earth.

Comments